6/4/10- Rocky’s Recap
Top 3 Games
1. Stanley Cup Finals Game 4- Chicago at Philadelphia (Phi-5-3)
The Flyers nearly pulled one of the ultimate gaffs last night as they nearly blew a 4-1 lead in the 3rd period. It wasn’t until Jeff Carter scored an empty-netter with 25 ticks on the clock when Philadelphia fans were finally able to exhale.
Flyers goalie Michael Leighton was spectacular, especially the toe kick save he made in the closing minutes to preserve the win for the orange and black.
Chicago’s defense was terrible in the 1st period as the Flyers scored 3 soft goals. Philly’s 3rd goal from Claude Giroux was laughable as he just hid behind the Blackhawks G Anti Niemi.
Game 5 will be on Sunday, back in the Windy City.
Game Rating- 2 1/4*
2. MLB- Minnesota at Oakland (Min- 5-4 11 inn)
Delmon Young’s single in the top of the 11th won it for the Twins. Morneau, who wanted a day off, cranked his 13th bomb of the year.
The A’s won 7 of their previous 9 at home. Dallas Braden is still winless since pitching his perfect game.
Game Rating- 2 1/2*
3. MLB- Atlanta at Los Angeles (LA- 5-4)
Atlanta’s 9-game winning streak is over. James “Loney Tunes” single in the 7th gave the Dodgers the lead and the win.
Atlanta’s Kenshin Kawakami is an astounding (0-8) on the year. WOW! That’s pitiful.
Game Rating- 2*
Top 3 Performers
- Chris Pronger (Phi Def)– 6 hits, +4, Chicago’s 1st line still can’t do squadoosh.
- Michael Leighton (Phi GK)- 31 saves, came up huge the final 5 minutes
- Jose Bautista (Tor 3B)- 3/3 2 more home-runs, UMMM, WHO IS THIS GUY? WHERE DID HE COME FROM?
News & Notes
- RIP John Wooden